Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much should i pay for this 91 K5 Jimmy?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigoltrux77, Sep 23, 2003.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

I saw it at a dealership. It was in the back getting ready to be prepped for the front. They just got it in. its all stock except the rockcrawlers and 31" BFG ATs. It has 114K, but the engine/tranny/tcase were rebuilt at 90K. It starts up quick and runs nice. No smoke or leaks etc. It has alot of power and brakes are good. The interior is badass, pwr everything and one cigarette burn in the back seat. Thats it. It needs a Radio. Now for the bad part(if you call it bad) The drivers side door has surface rust, it can be removed, not cancerous. The paint is peeling badly on t he drivers side and some other small rust on the passenger, nothering major. THe frame has no rust though. It looks really nice and clean. The dealer said $1900. what do you think? How much will it cost me to get descent paint and body work done to it at a shop? Everyone ive called needs the truck there to give me an estimate, can you guys give me one. LOL Thanks alot

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Offer them $1!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Seriously though, check the frame for cracks, especially around the steering box. Also look for shoddy repairs at this spot. If everything is *really* rebuilt and they can provide documentation, it sounds like a good deal to me. If they can't provide the documentation, it still sounds fair. Paint is over rated. Find someone who knows how to paint and has the equipment, buy the paint, some brews, and a little cash and let him go to town. Prep work is everything! Good luck with it!

Kris

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Sounds like a good price, especially for a 91 and for this area. Offer him 1700 cash!

4. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

$1900 is a good deal. Just a rebuilt 700R4 Transmission is over $1000, rebuilt 350 would be over $1000 also. I would be more concerned if the tranny was really rebuilt. The motor and t-case is good for over 115K miles (depending on how well it was maintained). Check for hidden rust under the carpet in the floor boards and where the front seatbelts bolt to the side pillar.

5. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a sweet deal.
    Check in the fwd part of the rear wheel well. Should be plenty of rust in there. Maybe you could use that to shave a couple bucks off the price...

6. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

ITS CRAP! I drove it today. Allthe little stuuff works (windows, locks, AC etc) but The tailgate is rusted out, door sills, floorboards. The Tcase doesnt work. Runs good and all but pulls you to the right like a hooker, the front right leaf springs are broken, duct tape holdin em up. LOL. The gray interior is badass shape though. Id prolly pay 800 for it, tops. Thanks guys.

7. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

$1900 for a 90-91 K5 is a smoking deal.. I'd be all over that like stink on she-it !!!!!
    But i forgot to look at your location.. I'm sure in Wisconsin... the rust monster got at it.. and by reading your updated post.. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.