Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much should i pay???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 96chevysfa, Jan 23, 2003.

1. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

qwll, after installing my dana 60, i noticed that my driveshaft slip shorter, i was told that the dana 60 is about 1.5" loinger than the gm 10 bolt, so i want to get my shaft shortened. how much would you expect to pay to get is shortened 1"? im saying if i bring them the shaft not on the vehicle.
    thanx

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I just got a front shaft lengthened for a buddy of mine. It ran $70.

I have to get mine done now too. I moved my D60 forward 1.25" and now the shaft is too short. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rene

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I may spend more then nessary, I just have new ballanced shafts made each time, with all new components. Usely around $200.00 per shaft. And if I'm spending that much, they can install it also !!!!!! That way they can test drive and if it vibrates, they get to do it over at thier costs !!!!!

4. Anteak

Anteak 1/2 ton status

Call or stop by Driveline Shop, 27495 Commerce Center Dr. #B Temecula, CA. 92590. The owner is Ace Noffsinger. He will be glad to answer any technical questions you have regarding your driveline needs. He also does custom welding fabrication for just about anything you want. His prices are fare and he guarantees his work. Feel free to call the shop at: (909) 693-3113