Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much should I shim?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer_Boy, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Dec 16, 2000
    Treat me like an idiot on this because I now finally realized something is funny with my Blazer. I bought the thing and it had a broken spring and went had new ones put in (like 2 years ago, before I would have just bought a lift kit and done it on my own). I had Sterling Spring do it (they also make Sterling Semis, formerly Ford) they had to use blocks in the back to level the thing out. The ended stacking two 1" blocks and things do not line up worth and crap in the back.

I now realize this is a big no no and want to fix this. I bought some 2" blocks from Summit with the angle built in, but the short end is like 2 3/4" high. I don't want to go any higher because the blazer sits absolutely perfect. I was wondering if I could just weld my block together and throw in a shim. the current blocks in there now measure exactly 2".

Or should I just drop the T-case and live with it. The angle looks pretty steep in the rear.