Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much shuld I pay for a nv4500

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Gotswamperlift, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Gotswamperlift

Gotswamperlift Registered Member

I found a 95 chevy silverodo wrecked, it only has 25,000 miles on it and it has the nv4500 5speed. I was thinking of converting my 94 over to manual. So how much is this trannie worth?

Thanks

94 gmc 9" lift

2. HDFXB

HDFXB Registered Member

I just finished my nv4500 swap friday night! I watched for over a year for an affordable nv4500, and here is what I can tell you. A good used trans will go for $800-1000. Rebuilt ones are 1300-1500 and 400-500 core charge. A bellhousing runs $100 and up used, or about $400 new. Of course in your case don't forget the clutch & brake pedal assemblies, clutch slave cyl and line and the flywheel, clutch & pressure plate. I think you may also need a computer or chip change. It gets expensive real fast!

3. Gotswamperlift

Gotswamperlift Registered Member

So I would be better off to get the hole truck then sell it after i get every thing off I need. And last question, Will the nv4500 handle some 39.50 tsl's?

94 gmc 9" lift

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Yeah, Get the hole truck and part it out, too recoop some of your money. You could probabvly sell the front and rear diffs easy. Seats and intiror too. I'd probably sit on the engine and ECM/PCM.

The NV4500 was used on 1-tons, so I would think 39s would be O.K..

<font color=white>.</font color=white>Eric
    <font color=white>.</font color=white>Twizted