Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much to install a lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigoltrux77, Oct 11, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

Im planning on ordering a Skyjacker 8" fll spring lift kit through the tire company i work for (Discount Tire, i get factory price woo!) Its gonna run ma about 5-600 bucks. How much will a shop (4wheelparts etc) charge me to install it? What else do i need to invest in? I know i need to lenghthen the driveshafts, drop the transfer case, and lenghten brake lines etc. Who does all that stuff and what will it all run me? Will 35x16x15 Boggers look good on 15x14 rims and 8" lift? or will it look dumb. thanks alot. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

the fact that you are thinking of taking it to 4WPWeirdo's after all the flack they get from everyone worries me. I would do it yourself. If you are running the stock running gear, it is a matter of time more than anything. the driveshafts will have to be redone, same with brakelines, etc. Instead of dropping the t-case, just get a CV 1-ton rear shaft from Jess.

and i gotta ask, why lift? other ppl on this board fit 35's with zero lift, others fit 40's with a 3" lift.

a sawzall costs $110 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I think it sounds like too much lift for 35's.
    BTW, I'm sending you a PM about something related.

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

With the 16" wide tires your need that lift and maybe more. Axles should be upgraded to 1 ton if you haven't aready with that size of lift and tire. May also want to look into a cross over steering, Disk rear brakes. Lot's of $$$$$

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I might be alittle strange, but I like the space between the tires and the wheel wells. I like the way it looks. Big tires and bigger lifts looks kewl in my opinion.