Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much $$ to rhino line the whole interior floor??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, Sep 28, 2004.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

How much did yall pay to have the floor of your k5 rhino lined?? They just opened up a Rhino liner place and I want to get a idea before I go.
    Thanks
    -Chris

2. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i dunno about rhino.. but i bought the 1gallon hurculiner from napa.. freakin 100bucks.. covers a 6ft truck bed they claim.. which it did. I covered the rear part of my truck.

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I paid $300 for just a pickup cab

4. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

the rhino liner place here quoted me about $550 to line the whole interior, up to the firewall, and over the bed sides.

5. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

I have heard that line-x is better, doesn't fade?

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Im going to herculine mine for 2 reasons:
    1.) theres no rhinko liners near me
    2.) is can cost 3x as much if you get them to do it, as if you were to do it yourself with hecurliner...

7. 85mudblazin

I just like the rhino liner because it is less agressive then herculiner and such.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have herc tailgate to firewall. Its cheap and it works. That said, it is very rough... you can definitely skin knees on it. It does absolutely nuttin for ya for sound deadening either, if you care about that kinda thing. All of that said, its a great product and if you do a thourough job of prepping the area u r gonna coat, its really durable. Only time I ever got it to scratch off was when i tossed a np205 onto it. Heavy + sharp edged objects can do that, normal wear/tear, it holds up great.

btw, when ya get a quote like $500+... ask them if they'll cut you a deal if you remove everything, mask stuff off and do any other prep work ya can. Thats what takes the most labor and therefore costs ya all that coin.

j

9. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I was thinking the same thing, trying to get a cost of how much this and that is goin to cost me!

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

have you side by side compared the end results?
    I havent seen a Herculiner but everything else I looked at was not the same at all
    some were very slippery, Ziebart

11. 85mudblazin

yea I have seen them both in person, the herculiner looks more like very gritty sand paper and the Rhino liner is more like a rough paint, I might go up to the place tomorrow and talk to them about it, I bet I could get it for a reasonable price if I gut the interior and maybe prep some stuff.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Going to do mine with P.O.R. After I apply the paint I put sand on top and let it dry. After it dries brush off the excess sand and now it is a non-slip surface.................

13. JRS2 75K5

JRS2 75K5 Registered Member

I had my 85 Rhino lined about a year ago. It was done from the firewall to the rear edge of the bed. They did the inside of the rear bed sides - I did not have the tailgate done. Cost was $400 in central Missouri. It has better sound deading characteristics than the original carpet and pad. It looks good and is very easy to clean out. So far it has held up great. It's the only way to go if you plan on keeping your rig for any lenght of time.

14. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Herculiner-by far the cheapest, but in my experience (I did my cab floor) It looks like crap, and doesnt do much for sound. Also very rough, sandpaper like

Rhino-line, In the bed of my dads truck, slip resistant, some sharp edges. Have heard it is a softer liner and can gouge if you throw something like a brick in the back and the corner digs in.

Line-x, probably what I will put in my trucks bed. Costs about the same as Rhino-liner, but has no sharp edges, and is a bit harder, so it wont gouge. However being harder, it MAY cause more slippage, I have never heard anyone complain about this so it may be a mute point.

15. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Herculiner-by far the cheapest, but in my experience (I did my cab floor) It looks like crap, and doesnt do much for sound. Also very rough, sandpaper like

Rhino-line, In the bed of my dads truck, slip resistant, some sharp edges. Have heard it is a softer liner and can gouge if you throw something like a brick in the back and the corner digs in.

Line-x, probably what I will put in my trucks bed. Costs about the same as Rhino-liner, but has no sharp edges, and is a bit harder, so it wont gouge. However being harder, it MAY cause more slippage, I have never heard anyone complain about this so it may be a mute point.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like a very grippy rock, and the applications I have seen were about 3/8" thick at the least. It looked very bling bling to me (it was just in a bed) but my g/f doesn't want it in my Jimmy.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh well, that sucks for her. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

16. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's like a very grippy rock, and the applications I have seen were about 3/8" thick at the least. It looked very bling bling to me (it was just in a bed) but my g/f doesn't want it in my Jimmy.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh well, that sucks for her. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I love your attitude!

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

mj, where you talking to me about this:

[ QUOTE ]
    have you side by side compared the end results?
    I havent seen a Herculiner but everything else I looked at was not the same at all
    some were very slippery, Ziebart

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

why does herc "look like crap"???

j

19. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

I used duplicolor bedliner from walmart. It was 50$ came with a gallon and a spray can along with the roller, paintbrush and tray.

20. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

My uncle sprays bedliners, he does a different brand then rhino/line-x. The main thing you pay for is prep work. K20, i dont know about the sharp edges, that on the floor or in corners? I would say it would be a good investment tho, i would do it in m bed/cab but my truck is all rust /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Later