Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much travel from stock leaf springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dolanmx305, Sep 17, 2006.

1. dolanmx305

dolanmx305 Newbie

i have a 89 fullsize blazer 4wd 350

its in pieces as i am turning it into a race truck but i was wondering if anyone knew how much travel the stock leaf springs give you...
    thanks

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Easy answer?

The distance from the bumpstops to the point they hit on the axle. My stock springs will hit easily on the front end, back end not so easy.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

um, what kind of racing? anyways, if your racing it (such as high speed desert) leaves prolly arent the way to go but if you decide to, id go with a custom sprin., alcan makes some very nice springs afor a very affordable price.

4. dolanmx305

dolanmx305 Newbie

its short track dirt racing... im using leaf springs because you have to maintain the stock suspension...(as in leafs, coils whatever) as far as what leafs i use is up to me...

i wondering how much travel i can get out of the stock setup...not what travel is or what you think i should use instead of leafs...

anyone know how many inches of travel you can get out of a stock set of leaf springs?