Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much trimming will I need to do.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, 76 K5, 6" suspension lift. How much fendering trimming for 38" Ground Hawg radials ??? I don't mind trimming alittle, would kinda like to put on the Bushwaker (Cut out style) fender flairs. Will that give be enough room for the 38s, or should I also do a body lift ???

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i had the bushwhackers on my 77, with 8 inch springs, and 38 inch TSL radials, and i rubbed fairly easily,

ive said it before, but ill say it again, I personally think If you take your time, and measure a lot, and do a good job on it, Cut fenders look better then stock, Example Yunit's truck and the Old ORD blazer

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if u ever wheel anywhere where there are trees or rocks... forget about fender flares. You'll spend a lot of money on em... install em... and then at some point one of them will get mangled by a tree and/or rock. then the whole rig looks like poop. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif unless you are building a mud-only rig or mall cruiser, I'd recommend just trimming the fenders back. check out my newest webshots album to see how I did mine... I have 5" of susp lift, 1" of body lift, and my 39.5x15x15 TSLs dont rub. I considered fender flares at one point, but really think unless its a show truck they are a waste of money.

j