Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much would it cost to have a shop do it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Mar 4, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

there is a ton of play in my drag link. and i need to get it fixed asap..(i need this truck..my DD) its on jacks in the driveway my dad is suppost to help with it cuase i have no idea how to fix that. but i was wondering how much it would cost to just have a shop fix it..cuase i want it on the road now!! it moves front and back when you turn the wheel...i have to turn the wheel about half a turn to get the wheels to turn!!

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I would just replace it. They are really easy to replace. If you want to have a shop do it, it would be around $100-125 maybe with parts and labor.

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

It is just 2 bolts... Take them off, put the new one on (adjusted to the same length) and put the nuts back on, then put the cotter keys in them. You probably need a BFH to get it off.
    Simple as that. Probably a 45 min job for someone that has never done it before.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Replacing the drag link is WAY too easy to pay someone else to fix. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Get a pickle fork, wrenches, and the parts and go to it! If you want to make it really easy, buy a new adjusting sleeve to go with the two ends. Put the new one together, adjust it to the length of the old one, then take the old one off and bolt the new one on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well i guess my dads going to do it he went to work to get a puller or something.. i have a new problem now..i just locked my self out of my truck! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I would just do it yourself, its not that complicated. If you run into trouble there is always this site for help!