Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much would it cost????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Feb 26, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Alright here is what I am contimplating. My Father in law has a 14ff with 4.56 gears and a posi in it sitting on his 78 with a blown engine. It has been there for a year now and I am going to make him an offer for it and the 8 lug 10 bolt up front. I only have $500 bucks to spend but need that money for the other stuff recquired to make the swap. Could you guys who have done this give me a rough estimate on the cost of all parts...u joints, u bolts, 15" 8 lug rims...till I get new tires. I only plan on running 33's. I thought about keeping the 10 bolt in the rear and buying a locker for it but I realized it would be smarter to just get the 14ff for the same price as a locker and it already has a limited slip /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Assuming everything is good in both front and rear axles (seals, u-joints up front, bearings, fluid, etc), all you should have to buy is the combo joint for the rear, and u-bolts (front and rear).
    The combo u-joint is about $30.
    I got U-bolts from Rough Country for the front...$20 to my door.
    I already had U-bolts for the 14 bolt but I'd assume around $25-30 (If you can't get the u-bolt plates from the donor truck, you'll need to get two of those...I paid $15 at the local junkyard for a pair.
    The wheels will be the most variance in cost. I got 5, 15x8" white, 2.75" b.s. wheels and 32 lug nuts from 4WPW for $255. Add on $100 for having the local tire shop dismount, mount, and balance your current tires onto the new rims.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Wow! $100!? I think I payed $12.40 for a set of 32's