Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much would you pay for this?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigoltrux77, Sep 5, 2003.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

I have a deal on a 1988 K5. Its lifted 6" with 35" BFG MT's on 15x8 alloys. It has the TBI350 and 700r4 etc etc. It has about 125000 miles and still runs great and shifts good. converted to manual hubs. Transfer case drop and cv joints with longer shaft. Very little surface rust. pwr everything and good interior. starts right up etc. He wants 2800 obo. How much would you offer?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That price sounds like a steal. I paid $6,800.00 for my "89" and it was very clean but all stock when I got it.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd give em every bit of that for that truck.

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

I'd give em every bit of that for that truck.

[/ QUOTE ] absolutely!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif thats a steal!

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

What are you waiting for?? GO BUY IT!!! That's a helluva price for it!

6. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

2800 is a good deal, but if he's offering it OBO and not firm, why not have 2500 hundred in cash and go with a buddy thats holding the other three. then you can " borrow" the extra cash if you have to. i'd be willing to bet that he'd take the 2500. besides, there might be some hidden problems that come up shortly after the purchase,(there always are) then you'll feel better that you got a reduced price.

7. Troopie's Tonka

Troopie's Tonka 1/2 ton status

That sounds like my truck when I bought it. About 125K miles, 8" lift, 35" MT, 1988 silverado package. Rock solid! He was asking $5,000. I showed up at his house with 3K cash. He kept scratching his head. I told him the most I could do was go to the ATM and drain my bank account for 300 more dollars. I drove home with it!!! BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!!!!

8. Troopie's Tonka

Troopie's Tonka 1/2 ton status

just read your post. That is pretty much what I did..hehe, I actually had the entire 5K my bank gave me, but acted like I only had 3. I was going to do the "borrow some money from the friend thing" but I figured that it would be hard to believe that my friend just happened to have 300 cash on him. I didn't want to seem like a total cheater. hehe, so I did the ATM maximum withdrawal thing. BUt I agree. Pull out your little cash envelope that the bank gives you, and count out 2500 cash. Keep the rest stashed somewhere. It is a steal at 2800, but shoot, for 2500, that leaves you with 300 to start re-gearing and stuff!!!! You already got the lift and tires. Man, if you don't buy it I will!!!!

9. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

hey i like that atm idea. it does seem like a "less of a scam" approach. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif