Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How my short trip into the hills... got a little longer........

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by white-rhyno, Apr 30, 2003.

1. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

So me and one of my friends hed up into Teanum tonight. It was supposed to be a short trip in my rig. As we are going up I get a call from a friend asking where im at. I say that im going up in the hill. He then says, any chance ull go up Gooseberry flats to pull me out. Sure, its on my way. So I pull him out. Stock toyota p-u. He then asks, mind if i follow ya? Fine. I then crossed over to Manashtash. Went up to the tri-pod flats turn off.... (POOHBAIR, ya know where this is going.) Lo and behold I was the first one to break trail on to SHOESTRING. I had to winch up the first part of the trail head. First time I actually took advantage of mine own winch. Instead of pulling someone out. Well i was tickled pink. So I head down. THat toyota that was following me. Ya, pulled him out AGAIN. Then as Im heading home I run into a chev p-u in the ditch.... Gee, I got to pull him out also. Best part was.... this is no lie.... the girl he took up with him.... rode down with my friend and I. hehehe I didnt feel the least bit bad about it either. So my friend got her number when we dropped her off. Not a bad night in all i guess. Just would have been nice to get home before 12:00.... Anyway next weekend im going all the way to Shoestring lake. Probably leave sunday afternoon if theres any takers.
    Brad

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

...im just pissed that I wasn't with you...

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

how hard are the trails down there. Ill be down in that area next weekend maybe, i might whant to see if the pavement punder that could (aka my luv) can do some of that stuff /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. white-rhyno

Depends on how well you can do in 1-2 ft of snow.

5. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

hehe last time i was out wheelin on trails in my luv we ran into about 2' of snow. My luv dosnt like deep snow it only hase 13" of fram clearnce and about 10" of cleance at the rear pumpkin. So needless to say it dosnt like snow deeper than about a foot, unless its realy loose powder.

6. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif ya thats a tough place. havent been there in 2 years. You ARE comin to naches riiiigggghhhhtttt?

7. white-rhyno

Hell Yea!