Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How often do you run across a 3/4 ton like this?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by resurrected_jimmy, Jun 26, 2006.

1. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

May 23, 2005
    I like this truck and have seen it up for auction a few times wich leads me to believe it is hiding something or is not in as good a shape as it looks. The first time I saw it I thought the price was a little high and the seeler has not backed off of it any of the times he has listed it. This is exactly what i want but now is not a good time for me to arrange a truck purchase. My question is as the title states, do you guys run across trucks built/optioned like this one fairly often (every 6 months or so) or will I have to make a major search to find a clean 3/4 ton 1st gen with a 4 speed and A/C ? Intended use is DD/weekend tow rig, I don't need another project.

Thanks for your help
  2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Mar 5, 2001
    That trucks looks pretty nice, but pricewise it's in a bit of a "no mans land"..... too expensive to be an "impulse purchase" for an enthusiast....and not really nice enough to be considered a full-on concours restoration.

I'm not sure that most banks would be thrilled to lend money for something that old, despite the fact that it looks to be in very nice shape.

VTBlazer had a truck almost identical to that one (though I think his was even nicer) and IIRC, he let it go for around $10,000.