Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How rare is it

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scotty1, Apr 6, 2002.

1. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

I have seen a short wheel base 1 ton where I work at and cannot remember ever seeing one. It is a fire dept. brush truck so it may be a custom job but looks to be stock other than the fire fighting equipment. I seems to be a mid 80's with a military style brush guard and massive front winch. It has dana 60 front and 14b rear. I think I will ask if they will sell it.

2. fender

fender Registered Member

I'm pretty sure they never made those
    only 1/2 tons were available in SB and LB, 3/4 and 1 tons all had long wheelbases
    my guess is that it's a SB 1/2 ton with 1 ton axles

3. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

That is what I thought, I looked under it and as far as I can tell the entire drive train is 1ton, not sure about the frame. I would imagine it is a custom made truck. If I can get them to sell it for a decent price I will probably [censored] my pants, this thing looks like it will go any where. It already has 33" tires and 35"s should fit with small lift or trimming.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Pretty rare. GM never made them.