Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How realisitc is it to drive with King Coils? Steve W?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Flexy K20, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

So how realistic is it to drive on king coils everyday? I am eventually going to put them on my truck, and want to know how they do on a daily driver. Also does anyone know what the website for the King coils is? Thanks

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i would imagine that the mild street driving that we all do in heavily modified trucks would be no problem.

They are made to resist fading, improve shock mannerisms, etc. so i think they would almost be overkill for a strictly street rig.

but these are just informed guesses /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. Steve Frisbie has his K5 sitting on coils all the way around and uses it as a daily driver. I believe he said a little roll on corners, but it's all good once you get used to the suspension and how it acts. Making your frame rigid will help I think, Steve has his pretty much boxed front to rear. You can always adjust the coils somewhat to stiffen up for the road or use sawy bars and disconnects. My $.02

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status