Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How specific must I be?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 12, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It's happened again. Last week I place an ad that starts with the words: Parting '79 Chevy 4x4... then goes on to list parts I have for sale off the truck.

The ad came out today. I have gotten two calls so far. One was on the rear end, cause he needs one for his '91 Ford. The second is on the SM465 4spd... and this guys asks me if its for a Ford. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

How specific do I have to be? I even told the last guy "I thought I put Chevy in the ad" and he was like "no, it didn't specify that for the tranny". I give up.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

some people just dont have a clue /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

we need to start the stupid police,when someone does something dumb they need to be lined up and shot so the rest of us don't have to put up with it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

hey will the motor fit my c6? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

sorry couldnt resist /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hey, I always make sure parts I buy from chevy's aren't made by Ford... Worst is when I take out a motor from a parted Chevy and find out it's for a mitsubishi. Now that just ticks me off. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

very specific.. you dont happen to realize the trend is all ford owners like boggerless, do ya?? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Woo Hoo! Another phone call!

Somehow, these people called me twice... with it in their mind my '79 I'm specifically parting out is a complete, whole rust-free, straight and running 4x4 whole truck for $250.

Ummm... no, it was the complete, rust free and straight front clip for $250, not the whole truck. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I mean, I'd love to find a deal like that myself, but if its says parting out and has all the parts listed below after a colon: you'd figure out that all those individual parts with individual prices comprise the truck.

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well, I'm sure you've figured this out already, but, most people are as smart as a sack of hammers and just as confused as a blonde trying to find the corner of a round room.... Anymore, if I run across intelligence, I consider it a bonus. Otherwise I plan for whoever I deal with to be more STOOPIDER then ME!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    STOOPIDER

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that word. I also love the way you spell it.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Tell them what it's out of, and if the want to argue sell it to them for more money. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif