Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How sweet it is...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Dec 12, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

To be bangin through the gears in my camaro again today! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Got the TH400 from iceman sunday, i hot-tanked the tranny case in my auto class monday night, rebuilt the tranny, put it back in the car tuesday, and today i "broke it in" and i drove it to work and school, maybe about 25 miles total... Man the tranny feels sweet now. So Far So Good! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    TCI reverse shifting full manual valve body! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Theres nothing better than the feeling of banging through the gears of a tranny you rebuilt yourself..
    ...Well maybe the feeling that you got yer ride running again for FREE.... didn't have to spend much except for a tranny filter and fluid. I had some good hi-perf. clutches and band i re used. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks one more time to iceman44 for giving me what i needed from this tranny, and to MJF for giving this tranny up to whoever needed it in the Nor Cal big dawgs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I like your "Lift set-up" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Seriously tell me how you did that?
    Do you have enough clearence to back up ramps?
    or did you jack it up and put those under?

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. dogman

dogman 1/2 ton status

He used the jack, to put it up on the ramps.
    Its the fact that he Hot tanked it on Monday and drove it to work Wed.
    thats farout Kid.
    The Mid-nite wenching had to be cold !
    its running!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

<font color="orange">dogman </font color>

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah we had a long break at auto shop on Wednesday finals night in between tests. I brought my car in and put it up on the lift everyone was checking it out. A few guys were amazed that the bare tranny case i had in there Monday night was running in my car wednesday. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That was my goal. lol
    It was the last night of class... so i lit em up fat for everyone when i left... Had to test out that tranny you know.

The only thing is you gotta be afraid of mr. brandt... if he catches you laying rubber, he makes you scrub the marks with a wire brush. LOL! I made sure he was already gone home for the night. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Here you go Ryan...
    YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Yeah I have been there.
    Take the tranny out the first day and take it appart.
    Clean it and get the parts needed the next day, assemble it and put it in the third day.
    But man it was intense... I was wrenching on it till 1 am to get the truck running, and I had the Tcase behind it too a 203 beast to boot.
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I can't do this anymore. I need a tranny jack. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. dogman

dogman 1/2 ton status

you said it Iceman a trannyjack is a good investment, He said he had it almost lined up and it fell off the jack. then had to pull it back to index the torque converter.
    /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    <font color="orange">dogman </font color>