Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How tall is a k5 w/ 4 in and 35's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hunterguy86, Apr 25, 2005.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

I want to lift my 86 k5 soon but the only problem I have is actually how tall it would be. I am a college student and I live on Campus. My question is exactly how tall is a k5 on 4 in of lift w/ 35x12.50 mud terrains? I need to see if this thing will fit in the parking garage.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

about 84 inches or 7 foot tall. Most parking decks will not work well.

3. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

it'll be a tight fit in most garages if it even fits. i have a light bar also, so it pretty much doesnt fit anywhere....

best part is in some places i've been they tell trucks to go around to a certain part of the garage and you can go in there....yeah, well the bar they have at the entrance to test your height before you go in was at my windsheild....wtf?...the truck entrance?...anyways maybe talk with public safety and try to park in open areas (even if it says staff only)...its what i had to do

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

My total lift is about 5" and I have radial 35's. The roofline is about 6'10 1/2", so it still fits inside a 7' garage door. If you have 35" swampers, they will be a little taller, so add 1/2" or so.

The other thing you have to look at is the tip of the vehicle as it goes in or out of a parking garage. Just because your roof is lower than the ceiling doesn't mean you can't hit anything.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

my 79 with 4" rancho and 35" bfg's it was right at 7', with my brother went to a 6" lift and 36" swampers on the same truck his would just rub the heigth bar at the hospital parking garage, sign said 7'4" but he didn't measure it.

also he cleared the bar but hit the sprinkler pipes just after it,LMAO!!

6. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

I just looked at the bar here. Its 7'2". You guys think i can make it w/ 4 in tough country springs and a shackle flip. Im probably gonna run BFG mudders or a similar offbrand type tire ( cause i can get em cheap from a tire dealer i know really well)

Thanks for all the help yall.

7. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Pretty sure you will fit, if not its time for onboard air and air down to get in the garage.