Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how the flock do you install this jcw stuff

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyjeff, Apr 14, 2004.

1. chevyjeff

chevyjeff 1/2 ton status

Going to replace my drivers side window and track felt (flock). Thanks to the P.O.S.M.F. that broke into my truck 2 weeks ago. I got the flock from Jcw and noticed that its all one piece compared to the stock one which was a 2 piece setup. Since I have to replace the window which means the vent window assembly has to come out, how do you install the felt. I was thinking of cutting it into 2 pieces like the stock one and using weatherstrip adhesive to glue it in. The directons that came with it are not that great. Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

Are you talking about the main window felt or the vent window seal? I replaced my main window felts. They were one piece. You have to have the window out and they just push into the channel and lock in place. I've never had to remove the vent window in order to replace a main window.

Also Ive never seen a two piece window felt. Are you sure yours wasn't just cracked?

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

73-80 use a 2 piece window run, 81+ use a 1 piece design. It sounds like you ay have the wrong parts.

4. chevyjeff

chevyjeff 1/2 ton status

its for a 90 full size. The entire window channel felt for the window and the window is what I have to replace I thought the the vent window assembly had to come out to get the side window in and out?