Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how the heck do i get my radio out!!??

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bryguy00b, Apr 2, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok so im taking the dash bezal peice of to take the radio of..ok well i cant do that cuase the plastic cover on the head unit is to wide for it to slide over..so i take out all the tiny screws on the head unit.to take the front plastic cover of..and i can get that of...it wont let go near the spring thingy that holds the face plate on. its a sony head unit...looks like an older one..any one know how to do this? i feel like a moron!!

2. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

is there any clips on the side of the cd player holding it in cause if there is take a pucnh or somthin pointy kinda flat and push them down and pull it out dont know if this will help but i hope it does.

Clint

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hmm i dunno..have ot take a look at it tomorrow..i finally get a day oof form work so ill actually have some time to spend on my truck!

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok basicly...how do i get my cd player out? lol...is there some speaicel tool i need? i cant get the dash bezal over the sterio trim peice...so i was wondering how do i get it out..or..how did they put it in!!??

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

most likely it's in a cage. on the sides of the unit, there are spring steel clips that press inward, just get a knife or something flat and slide in the sides and it should pull out.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well ill try this...does ANYONE hear have any other suggestions though? with all the audio people hear i would think more people would know about how to remove a cd player!!

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Wish I could help, but I'm not familure with the 86's dash. Do you have any pic with it taken apart as far as you can get it. If I could see what you're dealing with, I probley could be more helpfull.

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thanx!...but i actually just got it out..what it was was these clips on the sterio were bent up to prevent it form coming out...PITA for someone trying to get out..but i got it. now i need to know what to check for..to see why it does not turn on. the fuse on the back of the sterio (10) looks good to me..(how do you know)...what wires should i be testing to see if im getting power? im going to put a stock sterio in it just to test the connection tomorrow..(its fricken hailing outside)

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What kind of stereo is it ??? Most aftermarket stereo's use red for main power, Either yellow or orange for memory (Gotta have power to it for the stereo to work) and black for ground.

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

its a sony..ill have to check the wires again to see for a red one and black.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    its a sony..ill have to check the wires again to see for a red one and black.

[/ QUOTE ] You'll also need to hook up the memory wire. Some stereos won't operate without it being hooked up.

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

are all those plugs together in that big bundle that plugs in the back?