Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to 6" lift in rear?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JUNIOR-K5, Mar 28, 2006.

1. JUNIOR-K5

JUNIOR-K5 1/2 ton status

Can anybody help me find a way to get 6" lift in rear without changing springs.I plan on putting 6" tuffcountry hd in front dyi with 6" shackles and zero rate in rear.Will that give me 6" in rear or do I really have to buy 2" springs.:confused:

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I think you will be short. What you described in the rear is what I have and it sits level with my 4" front. But I also have super soft 56s in the rear. I would suggest going with the flip and a set of 2" 56s the length will help soften them and they will flex like mad:D

Ira

3. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Never seen a 6inch shackle in the rear, but Im sure it can and has been done. If you really dont want to change out springs, run a 4inch shackle, with 1inch zero rate and maybe a 1inch add a leaf. Or maybe a 4inch shackle and a 2inch block??

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Here is my shackle angle with the DIY flip and a 6" shackle.
    [​IMG]

Ira

5. JUNIOR-K5

JUNIOR-K5 1/2 ton status

Just talked to a buddy and he has a brand new set of 56 rear 4" tuffcountry springs and said he would give me a good price.Now my question is can I install them with diy4x shackle flip with 6" shackles without any problems.Will that give me a full 8" I only wanted 6" but cant pass the deal on the springs.Thank SandawgK5 for the pix.

6. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

you should be golden, it should add up to 8". and DIY4x, is hands down the best shcakle flip kit out there. he does two things that the others dont. 1. he converts it to a simple 2 piece side shackle. 2. he includes the brackets with nuts welded to them for the inside of the frame. not so critical on a pickup, but on a blazer the gas tank is in the way and this is a life saver.