Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to adjust clutch on 88?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by misfit, Oct 22, 2001.

1. misfit

misfit 1/2 ton status

the clutch feels like its either on or off, it engages at the very end of the pedal travel. so id like to adjust it. but how? i see no linkage to mess with down by the clutch fork or anything, annd inside i dont see anything to adjust on the pedal itself. its an 88 with a 465, 350,208 if it matters.....

2. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you have a hydraulic clutch, and if so, there is nothing to adjust.

Check the fluid reservoir (drivers side fender wall I think). If it's fine, then it's either normal, or you have a bad component (clutch itself, clutch master cylinder, etc ...)

Good Luck,

Thomas.

-- '84 1-Ton Blazer --
    When the goin' gets tough,
    the tough go 1-Ton [​IMG]

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I stand behind what Stoop said. Check the reservoir for fluid level. '85 on up manuals used hydro clutches and you cannot adjust them.

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

4. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

Now my 87 has the hydraulic clutch and the rod that goes from the slave to the clutch arm is adjustable. I adjust it so that I disengage clutch about 2" from the floor. Allows for more free play and less wear on throwout bearing. I have about 1" play in the pedal before the clutch arm begins to move.

A good firm grip is my idea of gun control!