Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to adjust np203 linkage

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mofugly13, Dec 14, 2002.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

My case works ONLY in 4loc. All others are like neutral. I went went to adjust the linkages like it says in the Chiltons manual. The manual says to insert a drill bit into holes in the shift lever when they're both lined up in neutral. I do not have one of these holes. The rest of the adjustment looks pretty straightforward, but how do I make sure both shift levers are in neutral? Also, are there rebuild kits for np203's? where do I get one, and can it be rebuilt while still on the vehicle?

2. Blazerfun

Blazerfun Registered Member

If its a factory shifter the hole is there. It can be tough to see. As you are underneath the truck the hole is on the passenger side about half way up the shifter housing. If 4loc is the only one that works it sounds a bit more serious, unless the shift linkage nuts or snap ring is loose. Usually if its just the linkage adjustment the 4 low and 4 high will kick out of gear. There are kits out there for the 203 but they are getting harder and harder to find. 4x4parts has a good kit. You do have to drop it in order to rebuild it.

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I meant to say HiLoc, not 4Loc. But, for the life of me, I cannot see this hole,, I'm gonna go to the wash tomorrow and blast it with the pressure washer, but I scraped it off pretty good and I cant find that damn hole...

I'll be back later with some questions on the install of a part time kit. Thanks fellas.

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

sorry to be OT but mofugly is the funniest username i've ever seen!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif