Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to adjust TV Cable?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer79, May 23, 2000.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I'm talking about the cable that goes from the carb to the tranny. I feel shifting would be better if they were done a little later. I checked the cable and it is actually pulled by the throttle linkage only about 1/2" at WOT. Part throttle doesn't move the cable.

Where do I adjust this cable? How much should I adjust it?The enclosed pic show how the carb linkage looks like.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

2. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

The cable on your 79 only controls the 3-2 down shifts. This is why it only moves at wot. You can get an adjustable vacuum advance to control your shift points.

3. Call Steve Holmes at Bow Tie Overdrives and he can give you more details for your specific set-up. The number is on there site at http://www.700r4.com

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Or you can not worry about it and shift manually when you need the UUMPH! LOL

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]