Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How To Change A Tire On A Nissan

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mosesburb, Oct 26, 2005.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Apr 20, 2003
    So I was rolling down the freeway (very slowly) to the terminal the other day and I saw a guy on the side of the road with either a Nissan Pathloser or an Xterra with step bars on it. He had a flat on the left rear. When I passed him (slowly--damn traffic) he had it jacked up and was rolling the flat to the rear of the vehicle to retrieve the spare. What grabbed my attention, and shortly thereafter caused me to laugh my ass off, was how he had this Nissan jacked up. Rather than put the jack under the frame rail, he decided his step bars were structural and thus worthy of supporting the weight of the vehicle. I guess in one way he was sort of right in that he did have the left rear tire off the ground (jack completely maxed out), but in doing so, he managed to push this not quite structural step bar up into the rocker panel continuing up into the left rear door. From what I saw, I would guess he probably did 1K+ worth of body damage in his assumption that his "step bars" were structural :bow:.
    It reminded me of that Beavis and Butthead episode where they help that woman change her tire by putting the jack under the quarter panel and jacking it up until the panel looked like and inverted taco :haha:.
  2. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Oct 1, 2005
    Kind of off topic, but I found a website for a company that's started manufacturing a solid-axle-swap kit for the first generation Xterra.

But anyway, that was pretty funny!