Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to check TBI fuel pressure?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by y5mgisi, Jun 12, 2004.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Never heard how it was done or what kind of pressure tester to use. I talkted to my mechanic buddy and he said he has never had to check sence he dosnt get alot of them in his shop( /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) Anyway i think my fuel pressure is alittle low becasue im having that problem where you get more power as you let off WOT. I have also heard a little about the vacume referenced FPR from fortcolinsram An i was wondering if that might be a good idea.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

3. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

yep i seen those before. I was hoping mabey i could use a conventional fuel pressure tester that my mechanic buddy has. It seems like i heard that you could check it with one of those at the fuel filter. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah. Just plumb the guage in at the TB side of the fuel filter. Thats where I check my pressure. You will have to buy the fittings to adapt the guage. Didn't know if you already had a FP teter. The setup from CFM is nice and about the same price as a fuel pressure test guage set if you had to buy one.

5. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

gotcha. The FPG I have acces to is one that tests on shrader(sp?) valves I suppose i could call around and see if there is an adapter that will make it work. Thanks for the advise.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif