Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to clean a CD player?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, Mar 19, 2001.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I have a 4 or 5 year old Alpine CD player in my Blazer and it's starting to skip. My question is how do I clean the inside of the deck? I posted this in the audio section but it got no comments

<font color=blue> Yesterday was history,tomorrow is a mystery,and today is a gift. -Taproot- </font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by useyourblinker on 03/19/01 08:38 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

They make a doo-dad that looks just like a CD but has a bunch of little brushes on it. Put it in, push play, and the brushes clean of the laser for ya.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

How much does that bad boy cost?

<font color=blue> Yesterday was history,tomorrow is a mystery,and today is a gift. -Taproot- </font color=blue>

4. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Right around 10 bucks maybe alittle less if I remeber . . .

- SlyDog [​IMG]

5. Lpasotx

Lpasotx Registered Member

i used to work at radio shack and they sold it there for 9.99

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Try a can of that air stuff. You know that you see at electronics stores. It has a straw on it like WD-40 but is air that comes out under low pressure and will blow out dust. I use it on my CD writer on my computer and it works awesome. I bet it'd work that same on your player? In fact do you have an air compressor? Might try a few sprays of that to blow the dust free? Just don't spray it in there too hard you might break something! :-)
    Stephanie
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

7. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

I've had my Kenwood CD player for about 3 years and my CD's stopped playing. I bought one of those cleaners, but it didn't help. My brother has an Eclipse CD player in his truck, which cost about $500, and his "reader" or whatever they call it went bad. His was replaced under warranty, but I bet that's whats wrong with mine and possibly yours. It's not a big item to replace, but the hassle is getting it out of your dash and then having to hook all the wires back up again. I just don't play CD's right now.

CHEVY - "THE HEARTBEAT IS GETTING LOUDER"