Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to convert ac to on board air??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sapper, May 1, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Has anyone done a write up on this? I couldnt find to much and since i dont use the thing i might as well make it usefull? TIA

2. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

There's an old 4wheeler write up on how to do the long canister older style ac compressors to air...I have it somewhere...if I find it, mabey I'll scan it in for ya....basically though all it said was to put an oiler in front of the input and a de-oiler coming out of the output...to lubricate the thing, because unlike the york, this style is not internally lubricated, it was lubed by the lube in the freon...

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, what No-Name guy said. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Once you get the oiler setup the rest is similar to the york setup....

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

this is my set up
    [​IMG]

It's a v twin unit off a older dodge it is internally oiled
    and pumps like hot dam. you can find them in the junkyard for cheap just make sure you put a in line oil seperator in and keep topping up the oil. I pumps a little through but so far no problems with mine /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif