Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HOW TO CUT THE TOP OFF YOUR SECOND GEN?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tayv, Apr 28, 2004.

1. tayv

tayv Registered Member

Rol cage is almost done, Time to let the sun in!!! Does anyone have a lot of pics of the removal of their second gen top? Is a sawzall the best tool? any one have close ups of the exact cut? Any help would be great!!

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I think BOWTIE did his. I have a bunch of pics on my computer from when he did his, even though your blue go to the center of gravity forum and look for top chop and rear taper (or front, I cannot remember) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

yeah, i cut mine off, but with the intention of not putting a top or doors back on. others have done it to where the doors still work and enough roof to fab up what you need to add a full top or soft top.

for me an angle grinder with cut off wheels is what was best. harder to reach areas is where i used the sawzall..

here's my album with a bunch of pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif
    http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/members/albuo60

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

My 2nd gen came from the factory with the top cut off /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. tayv

tayv Registered Member

Hey, Thanks for the help and the link to the pics. I have been in the orange for a year but the membership just ran out. Dont worry, I love you guys and I will be renewing the membership. Thanks Again!!

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif My [​IMG] secondgen K5 has no top to begin with! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- A