Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to determine value of used heavy equipment? site?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Oct 14, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Sure would be nice to find a blue book for heavy equipment. Dad is looking at a little loader/backhoe. A Kubota B21, something like 1500 hrs, late 80s model. He said they want $15k, sounds a little high as I look around, anyone else agree with me on that? I found a larger model(38HP vs the 21HP model he is looking at) for $11K without a backhoe. They want like $2k for the backhoe. But that is on ebay so who knows when all is said and done. I'd tell him to get that one, but I really don't think he needs or wants one that large. It has a full cab and such. Anyone have thoughts or knowledge on this one?

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

The thing I would do is go to a place that sells heavy machinery, even if it is old, they still would know (or I think so) what it is worth, and if its a good deal considering the model, and what comes with it /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. fordcummins1

fordcummins1 1/2 ton status

Seems a little high to me too. Kubotas are good machines, we have had 2 of them , and they have performed flawlessly. 1500hrs is some time on the machine. But depending on how it was used, may not be all that bad. Still seems a little high, how well maintained does it appear to be? How tight are all the pins and such in the loader and backhoe?

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I haven't seen it. Dad says its in good condition, and when you consider its like 15 years old its fairly low hours I think. I located one or two in Jersey (B21s just like he wants). A rental place is selling their used units. $18,900 for one with 1100 hours. Dad is gonna offer them 17,000 or a little more and see what they say.