Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to dye a dashmat??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MOABDADC22, Aug 27, 2001.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I bought a "forest green" dashmat for my Blazer on E-bay. Problem is.....my interior is maroon. I bought some "RIT" brand dye that did nothing at all to the dashmat. I think the dashmat is either polyester or nylon. Is there a special dye for this. I am almost ready to spray paint the dashmat......any suggestions?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/>http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/</a>Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: How to dya a dashmat??

You might need to bleach it first and I don't know about RIT but if you go to an auto paint place they will have something, my buddy dyed his and it wasn't RIT, check around...

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

3. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

Use a product called SEC. There is a primer and prep for it. Follow all directiosn and it should work great. My uncle has an upholstery shop and uses it all the time, several other members have used it as well.

BTW you might try doing a search next time, there are 3 or 4 other threads that cover this in better detail.

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.