Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to earn 60 dollars....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Seventy4Blazer, May 14, 2005.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

OK, so i live on Camp Pendleton CA (just north of San Diego) and once or twice amonth i drive to Yuma AZ (3 miles outside of Cali on Interstate 8) to meet up with some friends and work on my blazer. this time i was going because a bunch of my USMC gear was in my storage Unit and i had to get it. its about 500 miles round trip. it cost me about 70 dollars to drive it in the dodge.... :blush:

anywho, a guy with 97ish ram 3500 4x4 V10 was on the side of I-8 pulling a 22ish foot toy box. he had a long block put in a couple weeks prior and was having temp issues. i am betting they didnt change out the thermostat. anyway, i offered to tow his trailer to his destination and if he wanted to give me anything he could, if not... no worries i was going that way anyway...

so i towed his trailer a few miles down the road, and BS'd with him and his brother when i get there, then on my way out... im 60 dollars richer... so my trip now only cost me 10 dollars, PLUS Diesel preices are a LOT lower in yuma, so i filled up there. plus its better fuel so i got better mileage. :P

anyway, i did my good deed for the day and i am a bit happier now.
    Grant

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Kindness is always rewarded in some way, good job

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

yeah, usually with you getting hurt physically or loosing $$$, Or my personal favorite, doing a favor for someone, then being given the bird for it!

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

You deserve it with that attitude