Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to find out what model Blazer you have?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JohnnyFresno, Jul 7, 2002.

1. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

I have had my Blazer for 1 year now. I'm not to sure on the history of it. I know it's had 2 owners before me. Well the first guy had alot of interior mods done. New dash, carpet, headliner, seats, purplish Black paint. So my question is how do I find out what model of Blazer it is? Like Custom Deluxe, Cheyanne, Silverado? And are those the only ones?
    I'm pretty sure it's not a Silverado. Is there a way I can find out? Plus the dash cover said Sierra Classis MC on it so I'm guessing he took that from a Jimmy

Thanks

2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

WELL if it dont have power n stuff i dont think it would be a silverado and just a note all blazers are k5s not k10s ,1/2ton 4wd pickups are k10s .

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

The only way to really tell is to have seen it in its original state. Custom Deluxe (Chevrolet), Scottsdale will be base line packages. Crank windows, rubber floor mats, hub caps, usually single headlights with a markerlamp below nothing fancy all base line stuff. Cheyanne will be base line with like power locks, still crank windows, still rubber mats etc. Silverado (Chevrolet), Sierra Classic (GMC) will have everything double headlights, carpet interior, power windows power locks, cruise, rally rims...etc.

As always check out
    http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com
    he has some of the best history stuff on these trucks!

Overall its really not a big deal I am in the process of making my custom deluxe a silverado package. Just for comfort issues many people make theirs a custom deluxe for muddin issues. By the way what I said only applies like 82 and up, 82 was the first year of the dual headlights.
    Chucks page can give you more insight!

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well, thats not totally true. yes silverado was the top of the line trim package..but that dont mean they were louded. i have a 85 silverado k5, and it has only cruise. everything else is standerd, no power windows or lock, no ac, no clock. but it does have the carpet and fancier trip panals.

Bryan

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Not all blazers are K5's, my 1989 blazer is a V10 model. I am not sure when GM changed the designation but I think it was somewhere in the mid eighties.

6. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

When the truck body style changed along with EFI in 87 they took on the V10 name to denote blazers. Naturally the blazers, and burbans stayed the same body style til 92.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Actually 81 was the first year for the quad lights up front...my 81 Jimmy was a full load, A/C, pw, pl, ps, pb, tilt wheel, cloth seats, grey carpet, quad lights, intemitant wipers and probably the premium sound for that era...

Rene

8. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

My 79 Burb is a Silverado with the PREMIUM 8-TRACK!

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Maybe someone stripped all the luxury crap off of yours(that's what I did to my Silverado) because all Silverados are fully loaded......

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what..you mean would have taken a AC out, and power windows, and locks out of it? AND a manual rear window, no i think that some were not louded, as mine is not its an 85 and a silverado.

Bryan

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yep I replaced the power windows with manual b/c the power ones sucked! removed power locks, removed all the a/c crap since I don't have the top on it year-round, removed all carpet & insulation, broke off most of the emblems by accident /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif, removed all the exterior trim, no interior trim except door panels and dash. Pretty much the only thing I retained from the Silverado package are the high-back bucket seats! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Oh, and I'm either going to convert the rear window to manual or just get a pickup 'gate.....

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well mine looks like its all origanal and un touched for the most part. oh yes..and on the sticker in the glove box it says its got manual stuff to so...but im thinknig about putting a manual tailgate in mine as well..in the 84..cuase the damn thing is always screwing up..all that hardware and stuff just to roll a damn window..no thanx lol i stil lgot a lot of the manual parts from my 85 i can just put in the tailgate..take the power stuff out.

Bryan