Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to gain a couple inches up front

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ben B., Aug 29, 2006.

1. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

For this limited one-time offer, buy one container of Magnum triple X creme and get a second free!!

Okay guys, in all seriousness, :p:
    I've got a 3" all leaf spring lift on my K5 that rides like a peach that I'm thinking about putting on my stock K10.

The problem is, I'm gonna be running 35's. Now out back I can just block it or add the 2.5 shackle flip. But the tough part...How can I gain a couple inches up front?

The 35's rubbed like crazy with this lift on the K5, so they'll rub on the K10 too.

I can add a BL, but don't want to at all. Just need a couple inches up front. 2-3 extra inches would be fantastic.

Thinking zero rate and maybe some extended shackles, or just save up for 4" TC leaf springs. Suggestions welcome.

2. jamber2541

jamber2541 1/2 ton status

longer shackles and some 1" zero rate add a leafs should get you a couple of inches, look in the vedor forum

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

a pair of zero rates in the front, and move the axle forward 1 1/2, and i'll bet you're set. i dont think you can do that with stock style steering though.

4. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

I don't wanna mess w/ the steering. Ugh..I guess I'll just have to find some 4" leafs. Even crappy ones with a few springs removed will ride decent won't they?

5. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

go with zero rate up front, but don't use them to move the axle, just use them for lift since you still have push/pull steering right now. This will give you 4" up front. You can also do zero rates out back, and you'll have 4" out back.

top that off with a 1" body lift, and you'll be clearing 35's just fine.. you can always :hack: too :wink1:

6. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

bushwacker cut out flares and a zero-rate. You need the flares in Pa anyways to keep johnny law off your tail.

7. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

Truck's just had new fenders and repainted...don't think I wanna hack it. Damnit. Fender flares will cost a good deal more from 4" leaf springs anyhow.

8. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

flares cost less then the fine. In Pa its $163 per tire. and they measure from the sidewall now.

9. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

For a 4" spring I highly re-recommend this Spring.

10. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

penis pump :D

you started it :haha: