Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to GAIN weight???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SlyDog, Mar 30, 2004.

1. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I am 6'1 and weigh 145-150. I eat alot! Just had a whole pizza for lunch for an example and go to the gym about 2-3 times a week. But girls always comment how skinny I am and I want alil more heft, around 165 or so?? Any ideas?? Protein shakes after/before working out??

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Yea get some Nitro tech(protien) and mix it with milk. It works well. Whatever you do dont get the chocolate it feels like drinking chocolate motor oil.

Nick

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

what about the rest of the guys in my family? My dad was the same size I was out of high school. I was 5'11" 130lbs he was 6' about the same wait. I've just worked on my trucks, and go to the gym about as much as I can. I gained 20 lbs in the past couple months. Gain more and build more muscle th emore I go to the gym. My dad bulked up in the army, anyone point of all that is that maybe you are just genetically lanky.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thing is, do those things add fat or muscle? Gaining weight through fat isn't gonna help with the ladies. I haven't gained much if any fat but lots of muscle. I also am working on my self image and others image of me, don't want to be tha lanky guy anymore.

6. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

On a past deployment, I worked out every day, for at least an hour, and then finish up with 20 minutes of cardio. On my days off, which was every 4th day, I ran around 5 miles in the morning, and then worked out in the evening. I didn't take any protein shakes, creatine, or any supplements. After 3 months of that workout schedule (taking the occasional lazy day from time to time). I'm 5'10", and I gained 15 pounds, 150 to 165, and increased my bench press from 155 to 190 during this time. I was proud of what I achieved, because I really didn't think it was possible. It can be done, but you have to patient and don't overdue it!

Kris

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Can tell you from experience, it's what you eat, and I would imagine, how you work out.

Steady 130 before the my military training (also 6' or so) and after one 3 week period where food was good and pretty much unlimited 3 times a day, with pretty strenuous physical activity every day, I put on 20 lbs that has never gone away.

After sticking at 150 for about 6 years, the girlfriend moves in, and we start cooking. (all fast food/frozen stuff before that, with almost no exercise) After about 6 months of that, I was up another 10 pounds. Of course, it was all around my waist, which was not really any better lol. But it HAD to be from the consistent eating (pretty much same time every day) large portions, variety of food, and of course, lack of exercise based on where it went on my body.

Now, with her away, I'm fluctuating between 153 and 160 every day, doing a pretty good job of working out once a day. (but frozen/canned/fast food all the time)

The worst part is thinking you are making gains, and then the next day having lost 4lbs. That's a lot of weight when you are in the 150-160 range.

You SAY you eat a lot, but from watching others eat that are much larger than myself, I can tell you *I'm* a lightweight in the stomach size department as well. I can get a meal from a local Mexican restaurant, and pretty much everyone at the table can finish it off no problems. I have to force down at least a 1/4 of whats on the plate, IF I want to torture myself.

You say you ate a whole pizza, but what size? I can typically eat ALMOST half a large pizza, but only if I'm REALLY hungry, and it's not a super thick pizza. A double whopper, small fries and drink at Burger King will make me feel full. Not sick full, just full.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I can eat half a thing classic pizza myself easy, don't have to be very hungry. There is no replacement for metabolism.

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

First off, how old are you? It's gonna be harder the younger you are.

Second what are you eating? Protein? Carbs? What is your total caloric intake in one day?

You need to being hitting the iron all week(6 days not 7) to see some improvement and at least 1.5 hours/day. You need to cut back on the cardio drastically(ie stop). That's just working against you.

Protein shakes are good but not as good as eating acutal high-protein food. I'd say get the cheapest one, since, from my experience, they're all the same regardless of what the peckerwood at GNC tells you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Stay away from weight gainers, that stuff is diabetes in a bucket. Start taking creatine also...

10. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Try to lose weight /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Works for me /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

haha, well the methods of gaining weight and losing it are very similar, except for the watching what you eat, you watch for different things between them.

12. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Dude, i know exactly how young you are, you saw me the other day, i was the same way at your age, trust me, you will gain more weight, in my case i gained alittle more than i wanted though. Don't worry about what they think, youor still young.

If ya don't wanna look like me,( god i don't wanna look like me) start working out and keep it regular.

13. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys! My dad is 6'5 and 270ish so it definitly isn't in the family haha /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif BlazerGuy, I don't know all the details of what I eat, but I'm sure I could eat better! Also ya, whenever I go backpacking or workout strenuosly for a couple days, poof, there goes 5 pounds. It's mostly water I'd imagine but still frusterating! BTW, I'm only 17..so maybe it's just a growing thing..? Thanks again for all your quick responses /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I drink nothing but soda, i am pretty sure thats my problem, i don't eat alot, just a crap load of soda, i can easily go through a 2 ltr or a 6 pac or more a day of Coke.

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah don't worry about it man. From the time I was 15 till I graduated last june I gained about 10 lbs over that period of time. I have since gained 20 lbs.

16. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, since your only 17, you probably won't gain too much weight no matter what you do. Not for a few years anyway...

17. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

OH and another thing, as mentioned in another forum a few days ago, i am also very lazy, this typing thing on CK5 is the most exercise i get /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I drink nothing but soda, i am pretty sure thats my problem, i don't eat alot, just a crap load of soda, i can easily go through a 2 ltr or a 6 pac or more a day of Coke.

[/ QUOTE ] dude cut that crap out. I know you understand thats bad but just figured I'd say it. I drink a cup of soda or something with caffeine a day. Otherwise I keep myself to, water, milk, and various juices.

19. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Can you say kidney stone?
    I knew you could.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's a shitload of coke! How much water do you drink per day?

20. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif