Just thought I'd share my weekends experience in case it might help someone out.... most of the experienced guys probably know this anyways. After a mud run on Easter Friday my rear end developed a bad front pinion seal leak so I figured I better fix it before I starved the front bearing of oil. I tried to undo the pinion nut the proper way with a torque wrench( so you know what to torque it back up to) with no luck.... 150 ft-lbs of torque and beyond and no luck. Next stop, a 36" breaker bar.... no luck.... a 36" breaker bar with a length of pipe.... still no luck. So I try what I really don't want to try.... Iput the breaker bar up against the P.S. leaf spring, tie it to the spring with a bungee cord( only to keep the bar in place while I move it forward), lock the hubs, put it in 4-high and move it try and move it forward. It finally broke free on the 4th try. Really scary because I could have broke the pinion, the threads on the piinion or the pinion nut..... but it was a last resort to get the nut off. Alls well now, the leak is gone..... not really sure if I put enough torque on the nut but everything seems alright now.