Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to get more power from my 350

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by st08x, Jan 7, 2003.

1. st08x

st08x Registered Member

hey does anyone know any ways to get some more power from my 350? its a 350 GM Goodwrench engine, only about 10 months old. what kind of modifications can i make? any suggestions?

My K-5

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

How about a blower?

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Tuff84blaze

Tuff84blaze 1/2 ton status

Headers, Cam, Ignition etc. Depends on what you use it for and if you want more Horsepower Torque or both, and how much you want to spend. You could even stroke it.

4. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

it sounds like a pretty new motor.you could change things like cam, intake manifold,carb,headers,exaust system,ignition.depends on how far you want to go and what you have to spend.

5. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

blower!blower!blower!blower!blower! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I have the base 350 GM crate motor too. I changed the cam in it before I even put it in the truck, put on a Performer intake, headers and a decent ignition system. The engine runs great and has lots of power, although once the power makes it through the 465 and 38" tires there's not a hell of a lot left of it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif </font color>