Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to get poly bushings out of spring eye's?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevyfumes, Apr 6, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

How to get poly bushings out of spring eye\'s?

Just got new springs and was wanting to put greasable bushings in , do I have to drill the poly bushings like the rubber bushings or can I just drive them out?

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Re: How to get poly bushings out of spring eye\'s?

You should be able to drive 'em out without a problem...I would get a deep socket and drive out the metal sleeve the you should be able to use a drift or something to get the busings out...or you could try putting the busing in a vise (the 1/2" or so that is to the side of the sprring-eye) and use a rubber maller an whack the spring away so you leave the bushing in the vise...

Chris

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

On the poly bushings all I did was grab the end with a pair of vise grips and twisted them out. I tried the "drill" way and all it did was break the bit. When I did my ORD shackles I did both sides in under an hour. No heat, no fancy tool, and no drill(after i broke it on the first attempt) I used a hammer, a punch(to drive the metal sleeve out, with no problems) and a pair of vise grips.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Torch'em... When they turn black take a hammer and pound them out. Really fast,and you get to use fire /forums/images/icons/smile.gif