Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to get rid of TV Static??!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I rented a couple DVDs to watch on my PS2 tonight and I was just trying to watch one of them, and there is more static than movie sound coming out... Finally it got to where I couldn't stand it. All my wires are hooked up securely and properly and both movies do it... Is there anything I can do about it??!!??!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i hear fords can cause harmful interfernce. try getting rid of it?!? j/k /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Bad wire/connection?

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Go outside, preferably around 2 am. This is the worse time for the solar flares that are affecting your viewing pleasure.

Now before you go out, you must be ready for the ceremony. You can only go out in nothing more than boxer shorts. Now when you step out on the front porch, make sure you have two Milwaukee's Best with ya, hold them up into the air and recite the following,
    "Oh Lord of electrical power, please grant me the ability to enjoy my videos of Barney and the Teletubbies and wisk away the evil static of the TV. For this favor I plead with you and offer you the nectar of the gods."

At this time, you open both cans, chug both of them fast as possible, then urinate on your front porch and that should fix your static problems.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

sometimes you can get static if your wires are laying across each other, for example, your speaker wires are layin across the main plug in, im not an electrical techie so its hard to exlpain, just know that it happens /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Give the TV a good whack. Always works for me! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

crapppp nothing's working /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I've noticed it's whenever the PS2 is running... I haven't noticed it with any games though for some reason...

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Make sure TV is set to propper channel.

9. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Do you ru it througha VCR? Make sure tv/vcr is off so the 2 aren't conficting each other.

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

To answer both your questions, TV is on right channel, and I run the PS2 directly to my TV through the RF adapter thing...

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Does your TV have the 3 jacks input (Yellow, Red, and White) ?? Some TV's have them on the front, some have them on the back. If not, how about a VCR with them ??? Try that and see if ir cleans it up. All video is ran through just the yellow jack on the back of my TV. All audeo through the Denon 5.1 home theater stereo system. My PS2 is connected to the front panel of the JVC stereo VCR, I have to set the VCR to F-1, and set the home theater to VCR, but it's a nice clean signal. [​IMG] I know I need to do something with the wires, but notice the PS2 next to the Denon (Mounted sideways). This all works very well for me.