Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to get the inside door panel off...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by laketex, May 16, 2004.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

...with the window up???? Power windows went out with the window up. I got everything disconnected on the door panel, but when I lift, the part that goes into the door with the window won't seperate. I dont want to crack the plastic! I'm hoping to get my new manual cranks and regulators changed out this week so I can actually have friggin windows on my Badlands roadtrip! HELP!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

It's a real bitch but try to get your hand up under it and push up with your palms and it should pop out. If it doesn't feel like it's going to break, you aren't pushing hard enough.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

try to sneak a flat head in the top and pry it up. Mine were just those metal tab inserts and they are a PITA.

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I took mine (86 side window motor)to the Chevy dealer and they sourced it out to the window glass installer just up the road. Could have saaved lots of bucks skipping the middle man. My back window on my 86 quit so the Window glass place fixed it for $50.00 after I brought them a motor.

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I just took the inside panels off a set of extra doors I recently bought with the windows up. I just took a screwdriver and started slowly prying up from each side and it eventually popped off.