Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to hotrod Pro-jection

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JeffHK5, Mar 27, 2005.

1. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

I Have a Holley 2D 670cfm digital Pro-jection kit that is rated at 280 hp in stock form. Can you upgrade the two 80lb./hr injectors to something larger ? Is there any way to "tweek" this system for more HP's.

Thanks Jeff

2. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

pm Sandman he has done this. I tweaked mine by increasing the fuel pressure but it will only help a little.

3. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Is it the standalone system?

If its not the standalone.... the stock computer with the projection tbi will support 275 hp with NO computer tuning and when you bump the pressure and get a prominator on there that number jumps to around 350-400hp in some of the thirdgen members camaroes.

I don't know about the limit on the standalone but i would bet a prominator would have the same effect along with more psi.

I am still waiting to get my prominator and am running a big pump with the holley tbi and manifold on my 88 k5... just did a swap and when its all said and done it will be in the neighborhood of 350 hp.

4. rockjeep44

rockjeep44 Newbie

Bump...found this thread in a search. I'm building a 425+ hp AMC 401 and would like to reuse my Projection 2Di setup but I'm doubting if it can support those numbers. Is there anyone out there pushing those kinds of numbers with the 2Di kit or know of any mods to make it support over 400hp? Thanks

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Marv Springer has a Holley Kit on his 454 BBC. It ran strong in his buggy with aluminum heads & some other stuff. I don't know what his actual power numbers were but I know that motor was pretty stout. He may have some info on the Holley setup. I think that motor was capable of 450 HP but I don't know if the Holley limited that below that number because of fuel & airflow.

I know he toyed with the idea or running a dual carb manifold and running 2 seperate Holley Projection setups at the same time on the same motor to get the upper RPM HP's from it. He is currently freshening up that motor for a new project that will be around 600 HP but he is going to use the Holley Commander 950 system on it. I have seen that system on a 496 BBC that had some nasty power in it.

Harley