Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to identify a PTO x NP205??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rockspider, Oct 1, 2004.

1. rockspider

rockspider Registered Member

I've found a PTO at the wreckyard, the guy there didn't even know what it is, nor had any idea what rig it came from.
    It's a Chelsea (Dana Corp.) and the small label says model: A2MHNW 2C, assy: D75
    I agreed with him that he'll keep it for me and in the meantime I had to find if it's good for my NP205 or not.
    Any idea before I buy the wrong one?
    The bolt pattern looks the same as the 205 side opening, but what about the gear inside? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

The bolt pattern is an SAE standard so they are all the same. A Chelsea dealer can help you ID the application. Try a big truck parts supplier in your area.

3. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

sorry for my ignorance...but what exactly is a PTO anyways? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Power take off. It's a little gear box that splines into your transfer case. From there you run a driveshaft to whatever you're running, in our case it'd most likely be a winch. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

For others it might be a hydraulic pump or something.