Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to install cut-out flares

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PetaKane, May 22, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Going to pick up my Bushwackers today, and a sawz-all too. Just wandering how much you can actually take off the fenders before the flares won't fit. I have a feeling I'm gonna be pushing it. Some say the flares flex to fit, others say they break too easily. Anybody with major hack jobs use these flares?

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I don't have a major hack job but have them up front and they don't flex much when installing them... They have have some give but it's not like if you have to really tweek em to fit they will. I was disappointed with the fact they are so thin and frankly if you nail then they'll break... But I like the look and they are supposed to have a good warrenty if they get broken.....

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

They will flex some when you install them, but not too much. my recommendation is to trim sime, then test the fit. You can tell how well they are going to fit. Then, if you think you can get them to flex more, trim some more. But try it a little at a time.

They are thin and can break if impacted. Busted one of my rear ones up the other day. When you sandwich a 100 gallon trash can between the fender and the fence, the trash can wins! But, other than that, they work pretty good. Really helps keep me from throwing rocks and every other thing my tires pick up back at the body or my passengers.