Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to install seats?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Jul 30, 2000.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

We're looking for suggestions to install our 94 sub seats. The bases don't line up w/ the bolt pattern on the 83's floorboards.
    Has anyone made a seat mount that they have plans or drawing's for?
    I was just thinking of using flatstock and modifying a square frame that bolts to the floorboard , then bolt the seats to the frame..
    Any suggestions? pictures? ideas?
    Thanks
    Charles n Cheri

It's better to Have IT than to not need it, Than to Need it and NOT HAVE IT !!!!

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I put in a pair of Cavalier (I think) seats in my k5 last year and I made the mounts from aluminum tubing. It's chaneled in the center to allow square-head bolts slide in the tubing. This allowed me to slide the seat side to side to get the propper position.

[​IMG]

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com <font color=blue>Updated!</font color=blue>

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Why not mount the Sub seats to the Blazer bases? Or do they end up too high like mine did? If so just punch some new holes in the floor, but back 'em up with some big ol' fender washers or some extra metal. You guys got the body on yet?

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

4. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

I have 95 Sub buckets in my truck. I had to use a flat piece of metal, and drill a hole, I used a flat bolt and welded it upright to go thru the seat frame bolt hole. Then I used the other end of the flat piece of metal and ran a bolt thru the a drilled bolt hole and thru front stock mount. The driver seat needs to be centered to the steering wheel. It took and little modification on both sides. The rear holes need to be drilled and have a large piece of metal or a 2" or 3" in washer on the bottom side, then use sealant to close the old bolt stock rear bolt holes

I don't know it that makes sense, If not I will try and clarify a little better.

Michael

5. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

Great idea...we just need to get the stuff to mount them then. Yes Michael, we did get the body off and put the new one on the same afternoon. Only took 3 of us! Went very easily. Have the new body bushings on too. Thanks for asking. Did you get the hood on yet?

http://www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com

I'd rather push my Chevy than drive a Ford!

6. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

7. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Here's what I'm in the middle of doing, so it my be a little different then your set up. I'm putting a pair of mid '70's Camaro buckets in my '75 K5. What I'm going to do is pull the seat from the rails and install them on Chevy Van seat bases. They're cheap and you can sand them down and paint them to match the color of your interior. I've already taken some starting measurements and it should work. I might have to drill some ne holes, but that's no biggy. Some of these bases also have the seat belts attached to them, so it will give you a nice clean, factory look. After removing the rails, the height is perfect, and the area under the seat can now be used to store gear or maps, or a small amp like I have planned. Good luck!

8. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Blazerboy,
    We lifted the body off w/ a homebuilt A-frame. And a 2 ton come-along. And of course a few chains and towstrap.
    With 3 people, the body came off easy and lowering the New body onto the frame was a piece of cake..
    We can draw up the plans... I believe my g/f has already done that.. and she emailed them to another member..
    And the A-frame w/ all materials only cost us about $70 bucks to build.

It's better to Have IT than to not need it, Than to Need it and NOT HAVE IT !!!!