Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to keep windsheild clean while in the mud?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by d coenen, Jun 1, 2005.

1. d coenen

d coenen Registered Member

ive seen whereguys will put small pvc pipe across the top of the windsheild with small holes in it and the water willrun down the windsheild and clean it when the wipers are going but whay kind of pump to get it there ? anyone have any ideas or pictures? thanks.

2. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

you just need a bigger lift... :D

some trucks had the squirters on their wiper arms... you could try that too....

3. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Rain X put it on right before you go and it will last about a half day but it helps alot with rain x on my windsheild just my normal windsheild wiper fluid squirters clears it off

4. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I bought a set of squirters that are made for rice burners from Autozone for about $10, I drilled 2 holes in my hood and rerouted the hose for the fluid. IMO the squirters on the wipers suck. the ones I put on my hood put out about twice as much fluid and work great for getting the windshield cleaned up. I'll try to get a picture later and put it on here. :D

Rick

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I second Rain X :D

6. d coenen

d coenen Registered Member

iam talking about flying up and down the creek that is about 6 in deep and all mud. ive went to the mud bogs and they use small pvc that runs from the back of the truck from a water jug 3 to4 gallons and rout it to the top of the windsheild and let it run down while the windsheild wipers are on while they race but dont know what they use to pump it up there? thanks.

7. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

First off, do you have a mechanical or an electric windshield washer pump? If you have a mechanical one, put an electric one in. It'll make a world of difference.

If that doesn't work, run two electric pumps and two reservoirs. Run the second reservoir so it squirts from the wiper arms. Newer GM vehicles like the SSR have windshield wiper systems that are arm-mounted and use about 3x the fluid of our pickups. They'll clean anything off.

Oh yeah, Rain-X helps a lot. I've been running it since before I could drive.

8. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Don't run a windshield :D