Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to level out?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by guz71, Oct 3, 2006.

1. guz71

guz71 1/2 ton status

Well im relatively new to the k5 world but im jumping into my blazer really fast. Right now it is in the shop having the tranny rebuilt with a HD kit and a cooler.Transfer case is being rebuilt as well. The truck already has a 6 inch suspension lift but it has the stock 10 bolts...yeah they got to go. In about a month, im going to have boyce equipment build me a dana 60 and 14 bolt to bolt underneath the truck wooo. So from what ive read, the front will get raised another 3/4 inches due the spring perches on the d60? how can i go about lifting the rear another inch or so? Im going to put bushwacker cut out flares and probably run 38's. What if i had 1 inch shackles up front and 2 inch blocks in the rear...if thats possible?

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

A 1" zero rate would work good for an extra inch. A 2" block would be ok as long as you don't already have a block in there - never stack blocks.

3. guz71

guz71 1/2 ton status

i just read the article on hill 4wheeldrive front shackles. Id like to run that up front( 1- 5/8 lift) and ORD shackle flip in the rear(2.5 lift). It claims i need 4 degree shims. where can i order those, and do i need any specific type because i will have d60? thanx for the help!