Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to lift a 2wheel drive 84 3/4 ton Chevypick up?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Jan 27, 2006.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I can't seem to find any kits in the magazines, I'm sure somebody must have done it. I just want to lift it about 3 or 4 inches so that I can fit some 33's.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Eh. The back is easy, as it's the same leaf springs you'd find on a 4x4.

The front is the PITA. You'd need new spindles, and I don't know that anybody makes them... lowering spindles, yes, to the tune of $300-500, but no lifting spindles.

You might be able to fit 33's on a 3/4 anyway, if the springs are in good shape, as hopefully you won't be flexing that truck on the rocks to make them rub.

-- A

3. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Just do a 3" body lift.
    thanks,
    James

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Dig into Fabtech's line. The parts that first put them on the map were made for those trucks. The upper BJ is the weak point, easy to exceed it's angularity as the OE installed it. Fabtech makes a spacer that changes it's angle. Hang some 7100's in the stock location and you'll be impressed with what the truck can do in the high speed rough stuff. A friend massaged his 1t SRW like this and has surprised several so-called "pre-runners" who couldn't keep up.

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Hmm. I looked at their stuff... all their web page lists is C10's (well, C1500, whatever) 1/2 ton. "5 & 6 lug", they say. :(

I was thinking about this for my upcoming C30 SRW-to-DRW conversion, but that looks like a complete no go. (Mind you, I just switched spindles, I don't want to do it again :haha: )

Anyway, I'm interested to see if there is anything out there.

-- A

6. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Convert it to 4x4, thats what I did. Fabtec is the only company I've seen that makes drop spindles for that truck.

7. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

my brother's 85 C10 turned C20 has a 3" fabtech kit on it (ball joint spacers and springs) It wont actually net you 3" more like 2-2.5" I believe he has LT265-85r16 tires which measure 32-33 inches and look pretty good
    bougth the components of the kit thru summit so it ended up like $150 for the springs and like $20 for the spacers. Ended up significantly more expensive in the end because we basically removed and replaced everything from the frame down, but it will work for you

8. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

hate to say it but fabtech had a kit for this at one time