Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How to make a blazer/burban/chevy truck reliable.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Sample, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Park it in the garage and buy a dodge. Stupid POShit.

2. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

cute, someone has too much time on their hands /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    cute, someone has too much time on their hands /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

sure as long as it has a big block or a cummins /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifOk, let's see here:

There's this guy, and a day or two ago he responds to Tim's rollover post with an asinine comment. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Then today, this same guy - with 350+ posts on a Chevy forum - makes a post saying GM basically sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

WOW, we have a winner for stupidest paying member. Do all of us a favor, please, and next time you think of something to post remember how much of an ass you are and nobody cares about what you have to say. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Window licking, short bus riding, special ed moron! I wouldn't drive a Dodge if it was the only way to get out of hell. Well, maybe if it was a Viper...

7. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I like GM's and dodges grew up around both I run GM's exclusively now but It's kinda hard to argue with 500+ ft/lbs and a 350,000 mile duty Cycle of a dodge cummins /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Nothing runs forever without maintanance, or the occasional new part. Maybe you should look in the mirror and ask how much of a part you played in your trucks latest demise...

Treat your truck good and it'll likely treat you better, put nothing but fuel in it and you will reap what you sow, Dodge, Ford or Chevy...

Rene

9. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I think the reliability of a vehicle as well as the POSh!tness it is, actually reflects its owner. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

My new Blazer is a POS for now. Wiring fire last weekend, engine loses oil by the bucket. But once she has a new motor and wiring and lift and tires and lockers and bumpers and cages and sliders and .... Try an oil change once in a while, keep up on your periodic and preventative maintenance, and ANY motor will run forever!

11. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

hah I knew this guy was a nutsack since his first few posts... When he started Comparing his Jeep to a ZR2 trailblazer..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Hey, that only works if the powertrain and drivetrain aren't made by DaimlerChrysler. If either of those things are made by them chances are it'll die before the mileage hits the six figure mark.

And who wants a Dodge anyway? 123421 bellhousing patterns to go between 25621234 motors and 123456544 transmissions. The 345234 motors have nearly zero swappable parts and the 2435423 automatic transmissions are guaranteed to grenade.

When I looked at how many different motor mount, bellhousing, motor, and transmission combinations that were available to the Ramcharger I about fell off my chair with laughter.

The only Dodge I'd ever buy is a Viper and now that DaimlerChrysler thinks their Viper is worth $80,000 I won't be buying one of those. It's kind of stupid to buy a $80,000 Viper when you can buy a $53,000 Z06 Corvette that'll blow its doors off. It's kind of like buying a Honda NSX when a 03 Cobra can beat it.

13. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I miss my CTD.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

but i like my K5 even more /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's kinda hard to argue with 500+ ft/lbs and a 350,000 mile duty Cycle of a dodge cummins /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    May I re-prase that for you? It should read: 350,000 mile duty cycle of a cummins. Not dodge cummins. Cummins are good engines for the fact that they arent made by dodge. If they were, they would suck just as much as dodge transmissions. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    -Harrison

15. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's kind of like buying a Honda NSX when a 03 Cobra can beat it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I agree with everything you have said. But dont you mean Acura NSX?
    -Harrison

16. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

they're honda...honda does own acura.. but can you argue a 12 second car for 34,800 against a 15 second car that sold for 90k when new? (original NSX)

17. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Back in the long-long ago (in the before time) it was called the Honda NSX. However, Honda pushed all things fast into the Acura line.

Back in the day would be back in like 1990. That's when Honda first introduced the variable cam timing crap. It was an all-aluminum machine with cool stuff like titanium connecting rods in that little V6 that liked to rev to the moon.

It was cool and all for RWD rice. But it was still beefy and didn't make all that much horsepower so was kind of a dog for Porsche 911 prices. At the time they were at their peak performance for what you got so when guys in their Fiero GTs were spanking them the NSX got a bad rap and didn't sell for [darn]. A Fiero GT could be tweaked for 190hp and being a lighter car it's no wonder why it'd spank a NSX. And when you could buy and modify a Fiero GT for less than a quarter of the price it shouldn't amaze you that the NSX is a rare critter. If you're wondering, the Fiero was modeled after a Ferrari and actually will beat a first generation Viper through the slalom.

I have a fascination with RWD rice (like the Supra and NSX) so that's why I know about them. It's always fun to make fun of those guys who have these FWD rice and think it's a racecar when you can say "No, Honda never intended for the Accord to be a racecar, it intended the NSX to be a racecar".

EDIT: I have really poor grammar today.

18. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Buying a NSX would be like buying an H2, its not about how well it works but the cool/bling factor. People with that kind of money to spend aren't gonna be happy in a Fiero...

19. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Window licking, short bus riding, special ed moron! I wouldn't drive a Dodge if it was the only way to get out of hell. Well, maybe if it was a Viper...

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy now.

Remember what was at the end of the strap that pulled you up a certain hill /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i just do simple maintnence on my trucks and they are vary reliable.