Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to mount a hyrdo ram to a Rockstomper rock rod...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Jul 17, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I am gonna be getting one of WTOs new hyrdo rams... the 1.5" one that you can bolt to the axle via the factory steering stabilyzer mount. The only question is, how do I stoutly mount the other end to my new rockstomper rock rod? I mean, if I was a machinist, I'd use a solid block of steel, bore a hole in it the same size as the rod, and machine one side of it so it had some ears that the ram would attach too... but I'm not a machinist. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I have a good buddy that can weld, so thats covered. Anyone have any ideas or pics for me to check out? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif TIA, as always,

J

2. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Just make a couple of brakets that can be welded to the rod like mine. I run the AGR set up and it comes with brakets. If you want I can snap some pics. for you. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

run the tierod end that matches the steering stabilizer application.

4. Parf

Parf Registered Member

5. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

$65.00 FOR THAT /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

6. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

I sent you some tabs with the ram that you just weld to the tierod. I also sent tabs for the other end to use instaed of the stock stabilizer mount. I haven't been able to do much testing with that setup yet and it may not work we'll, so you can go either way.
    Oh, by the way you box and ram went out today /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I needed you about 2 years ago before I bought my AGR set up. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

this is what makes e-commerce so XXXXing cool.
    customer service can be 100%

9. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Jason,
    Contact Steve Frisbie at Missouri Offroad Outfitters.
    http://www.mo-offroad.com
    Steve can make the clamp-on style of bracket that you described. That way, you have the ability to align the front end AND have an easy way to adjust the stroke position of the ram.

I made my own clamp-on bracket for my rockrod out of a block of 2x3 steel and I really like the way it is adjustable. After installing one of these, you will never want the weld on tabs.