Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how to mount cage to floor???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, May 11, 2004.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I have been thinking about fabbing up a cage but I dont really know how to mount the cage to the floor, is the sheet metal strong enough to bolt the cage to a mounting plate underneath? Does it have to be near a body mount for support? I have seen others with a cage mount that is just underneath the driver side dash and it is pretty close to the door but the only body mount near there is right behind the brake where your foot would go. I NEED HELP!! Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

check out Yukon Jack's post on cages in the Tech articles forum it has all you need including how to attach to body and the outriggers to the frame in the articles he scanned it helped me out when i had the same question /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Where?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. bigcountryk5

down near the bottom of the forum page under tech articles(advanced previews) on page two under: Various rollcage articles I have scanned by Yukon Jack

it's in the Private CK5 member forum so i guess you gotta be a member to check it out sorry ... but you should join up here man i'm lovin membership /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Thanks , sorry no cash for extras right now /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. bigcountryk5

that sucks that's why it took me so long to join up but start scrapping together those pennies and you'll have it in no time thats what i did /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif